Tarstone Road Maintenance provides a nationwide comprehensive crack & joint repair service. These joints are usually caused by the degradation of the cold joint formed during application of the wearing course.
- Often seen in older HRA surfaces with comparatively large chipping size or newer “thin surfacing” laid during exceptionally cold weather • Once the joint has opened, allowing water to penetrate into the wearing course (and below) only a few winter’s freeze-thaw cycles can cause structural damage
- Once the crack opens significantly LA’s expose themselves to liability issues around
ride quality, especially regarding motorbike safety, etc.
- “Overbanding”, traditionally done using plain bitumen went out of fashion 10 years ago due to material limitations, leaving a decade of untreated road joints.
Overband Joint Repairs
- Fast to install
- Seals & Prevents water ingress
- Low Cost
Fill & Overband Joint Repairs
- Seals & prevents water ingress
- Reinstate surface profile
- Provide long term SRV
- Avoid Rutting
- Support the broken edge.
Inlaid Single or Multiple Cracks Repair
- Flush Road surface Finish
- Greater body of repair
- Often in concrete road repairs
- Repairs pitted, spalling or broken surfaces.