Health & Safety
To be the leader in providing value added road maintenance management and safety solutions to all our customer needs.
Health and Safety has always been a priority for us and we operate in accordance with the requirements of the Safe-T-Cert Construction Health and Safety Management Certification Scheme and are registered operators under that Scheme.
Our commitment is to a safe and healthy working environment for both our staff and members of the public.
Tarstone is committed to accident reduction.
We have invested heavily in training for all our staff, from management training and training for all our operatives. (Plant Operator Training and Safety Awareness).
We ensure that all people working on our projects are equally aware and appreciative of our systems and standards.
Successful Health and Safety Systems have the following place at Tarstone:
• Managers committed to making the program work.
• Employees involved in the program.
• A system to identify and control hazards.
• Compliance with RSA and HSA regulations.
• Training on safe work practices
• Mutual respect, caring and open communication in a climate conducive to safety.
• Continuous improvement
IOSH Managing Safely Certified
Safe Method Statements and Risk Assessments for each work activity
Internal and external site safety audits
Continuous Health and Safety training
Our ongoing training consists of:
• Safe Pass Safety Awareness Registration Card
• CSCS Tarmac Programme
• Manual Handling
• Wheel Abrasive
• CSCS Paver, Roller, Airmaster 3CX
• First Aid Certificate
• Signing Lighting & Guarding (SLG) | Traffic Management
• We provide all training required for our client’s needs to comply with RSA and HSA Regulations